- RT @AJElwell: Really pleased there's lots of interest in Premium Membership, which gives you access to @DefenceMagazine. More here: http://… 1 hour ago
- #Military Webinars Online #Defence Events & Tactical Events Online ow.ly/zao0R 11 hours ago
- Streit Group Chairman outlines his exciting vision for the future ow.ly/zao0Q 12 hours ago
- F-INSAS Update Part II: Lethality ow.ly/zao0P 13 hours ago
- Apache AH-64 vs. Tiger EC 665: Which is the superior CAS helicopter? ow.ly/zao0O 14 hours ago
We are the IQ of global defence.
Is It Time to Figure China Into the ‘World Military Power’ Equation?
March 15, 2011Posted by on
China’s phenomenal economic growth over the last decade has shadowed an equally rapid increase in the level of sophistication of its armed forces. Modernisation programmes, defence manufacturing and aerospace research and development are accelerating, and nowhere has this been more apparent in recent months than with the unveiling of China’s new J-20 stealth jet .
The J-20 Chengdu has recently passed the first of a series of air worthiness tests. These tests were carried out in January and gathered initial data about the airframe’s operational limits. They have certified that the aircraft is able to transition through phases of flight and execute simple aerobatic manoeuvres. This marks the first successful internal production of an advanced airframe by an Asian nation, but the aircraft itself is a long way from being complete, although observers have been surprised at the relatively short amount of time it has taken to go from blueprints to the first phase of testing…
Read the full article at: http://ping.fm/SOLRF