- Armour: The surprising truth about how old ideas inspire new technologies ow.ly/EQI2N 1 hour ago
- Top 10 #Cyber Predictions 2014 ow.ly/EQI2J 1 hour ago
- You can now buy a 'Smart Rifle' that never misses ow.ly/EQI2H 2 hours ago
- #Turkey - The golden goose for geopolitical #Defence strategy by #Defence Dateline Group ow.ly/EQI2E 3 hours ago
- Interactive map: Global #armoured vehicle future plans ow.ly/EQI2B 4 hours ago
We are the IQ of global defence.
Missiles in London! Olympics update
April 30, 2012Posted by on
The “whispered suggestions” and “muted” response to the deployment of missile batteries in London’s residential areas during the Olympics I reported on last month have been turned up to an audible din after the MoD contacted the public about using their private building as a site to base the missile systems.
At the weekend the MoD distributed a leaflet to residents of the Lexington Building Water Tower with details about the High Velocity Missile system that would be located in Bow, Eaast London, for the duration of the Games.
“The location has been chosen as it is situated close to the Olympic Park and offers an excellent view of the surrounding area and the entire sky above the Olympic Park,” the document says. “The top of the tower also offers a flat, uncluttered and safe area from which to operate.”
Read the article here.