- COUNTDOWN: Top 10 biggest #defence companies in the world ow.ly/AJKzw 37 minutes ago
- Top 100 #Defence & Security Accounts to Follow on #Twitter ow.ly/AJKzv 1 hour ago
- #RoyalMarines want greater stopping power improvements to #SA80 ow.ly/AJKzG 2 hours ago
- Apache AH-64 vs. Tiger EC 665: Which is the superior CAS #helicopter? ow.ly/AJKJQ 3 hours ago
- #UK & #France qualify CTAS 40 mm weapon system defenceindustrybulletin.com #DIB 3 hours ago
We are the IQ of global defence.
Tag Archives: Offshore Patrol Vessel
February 27, 2012Posted by on
For more than a year, a contingent of offshore patrol vessels has drifted at the docks of Portsmouth, empty and with no where to go. Originally built for Trinidad & Tobago, the ships would have now been bringing fear to the hearts of drug-runners in the Caribbean had the T&T government not fed the contract to the shredder, supposedly fed up with rising costs and delays.
But all is not lost! These sparkling OPVs will finally grace warm waters thanks to the Brazilian Navy stepping up to the plate last month and putting pen to paper to assimilate them into its rapidly expanding numbers.
Much as it’s a relief to BAE that they can begin making back millions of pounds in expenditure (despite apparently making a loss of about £17 million when all is said and done), the overall impact of this agreement has farther reaching effects.
Defence IQ outlines five things this intriguing deal really means. Full article here: DefenceIQ