- RT @AaronMehta: IT'S GETTING REAL: Pentagon just put out 14 page official guidance for a #shutdown . Expect it to be posted fully on https:… 1 day ago
- Have you heard the allegations concerning thousands of tonnes of fuel siphoned from Shell’s biggest refinery? Find… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago
- It's not too late! Register for your FREE ticket to the #AILIVE 2018 digital conference! Join 1,300+ registrants on… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 days ago
- Op-ed: Has #cyber warfare reached the age of limitation? defenceiq.com/news/op-ed-cyb… #military #defense https://t.co/7Ok4IQ69Qz 2 days ago
- Surface warships market study indicates procurement trends shifting to... defenceiq.com/naval-and-mari… #Navy… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 week ago
We are the IQ of global defence.
Cyber Warfare and Security: Ex-British SIS Reveals the Terror Risks
August 3, 2010Posted by on
Nigel Inkster from the International Institute for Strategic Studies and has served in the British Secret Intelligence Service, focusing extensively on transnational issues, and eventually taking the post of Assistant Chief and Director for Operations and Intelligence. Nigel now serves the IISS in the role of Director of Transnational Threats and Political Risk. Here he outlines the current cyber security threat environment, definitions of cyber attack and cyber warfare, as well as future strategies for deterrence and interdiction. He also explores specific case studies such as the MI5 network security breach of 2009. Listen to the interview now.