- Today in #militaryhistory US leases #GuantanamoBay for Naval Base 1903. Infamous for camps echo, iguana, x-ray. Joi… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 1 hour ago
- After the NATO spending ultimatum by #mattis , has #europe lost an edge in #defence? A review of the situation defenceiq.com/air-land-and-s… 21 hours ago
- Rounding off Day 1 of #DES2017 is Dr. Jacob Mackenzie of the Optoelectronics Research Centre, U of Southampton https://t.co/7eb6y59AtQ 1 day ago
- We interrupt your regularly scheduled programme.... twitter.com/EUTenders/stat… 1 day ago
- Lt. Col. Laurian Gherman of #Romania #Airforce Academy intros high velocity projectiles #DES2017 https://t.co/P0GEv51inc 1 day ago
We are the IQ of global defence.
Cyber Warfare and Security: Ex-British SIS Reveals the Terror Risks
August 3, 2010Posted by on
Nigel Inkster from the International Institute for Strategic Studies and has served in the British Secret Intelligence Service, focusing extensively on transnational issues, and eventually taking the post of Assistant Chief and Director for Operations and Intelligence. Nigel now serves the IISS in the role of Director of Transnational Threats and Political Risk. Here he outlines the current cyber security threat environment, definitions of cyber attack and cyber warfare, as well as future strategies for deterrence and interdiction. He also explores specific case studies such as the MI5 network security breach of 2009. Listen to the interview now.