- African states 'dangerously under-equipped' to deal with security needs defenceiq.com/naval-and-mari… https://t.co/EvRQpLWqwX 19 hours ago
- Ukraine close to acquiring combat unmanned ground vehicle defenceiq.com/armoured-vehic… https://t.co/hiFSUhvz9t 1 day ago
- RT @NavyLookout: Russia Black sea Fleet AGI (Spy ship) Liman sunk off Turkish coast after collision with a freighter in fog https://t.co/i… 1 day ago
- RT @AirbusDefence: 1st @EjercitoAire #A400M arrives at @FAMEXTweet for static display for rest of the week https://t.co/9F6dn8BmRu 2 days ago
- RT @Reuters: French intelligence report says Assad forces behind April 4 sarin attack reut.rs/2q6dRKl 2 days ago
We are the IQ of global defence.
‘We’ll Find the Money’: Defence Minister Luff Opens Up About Defence Spending Gap
February 21, 2011Posted by on
In our first interview with Minister for Defence Equipment, Support and Technology, Peter Luff, we dive straight into the hard questions. We open the floor with an honest inquiry into ongoing defence cuts and their proposed impact on current and future capability. Mr Luff addresses the controversial ‘carrier axing’ decision and we press him for his views on the Â£1.6 billion shortfall in the current defence budget. The serving defence minister also delves into the political fervour surrounding threatened cuts to the Chinook helicopter fleet.
Listen to the interview here:
@bl @de @po @tr @wp