- #Armoured Vehicles Report 2017: Increasing pressures on military end usershttp://bit.ly/armouredvehicles2017 18 hours ago
- #Armoured Vehicles Report 2017: Increasing pressures on military end usershttp://bit.ly/armouredvehicles2017 1 day ago
- Maj Gen Crenshaw, USMC LOGCOM, explains future of Marine Corps logistics defenceiq.com/air-land-and-s… https://t.co/dJGeZrYcWo 1 day ago
- What a nightmare! But the internals are safe. @PallAero Has decades of experience keeping #Military helis reliable… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 1 day ago
- RT @DefenceSupplier: Are you struggling with streamlining your supply chain? Major General Crenshaw discusses supply chain solutions. https… 1 day ago
We are the IQ of global defence.
Remote Weapon Systems Remove the ‘Hot Seat’ From Armoured Vehicle Platforms
February 22, 2011Posted by on
In modern insurgent warfare in Afghanistan, front line threats often shift by as much as 360 degree. This, combined with asymmetric tactics, produces an extremely lethal threat for armoured vehicle crews. The solution seems simple – combine sensors and controls in one package that can be managed remotely and internally. This could potentially reduce engagement time, as well as maintain vehicle impregnability. Knut Saeter is the Vice President of Kongsberg and speaks here about the Protector Remote Weapon System Station.
Listen to the full interview here: http://ping.fm/pzXuL
@wp @bl @tr