- Our free webinar on protecting #helicopter #engines is on Sept. 14. Be ready and register! Link>>… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 hour ago
- Register now and gain access to our #defence #engineering webinar on #helicopter component survivability 1 hour ago
- Download the World Fighter Aircraft Market Report 2017-18 defenceiq.com/air-forces-and… #FREE #airforce #navy #military https://t.co/NgAjcBoMfR 2 hours ago
- Grounding of flights is not just a problem of airlines. #Army mission risk too. See: Engine solutions webinar.… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 5 hours ago
- Defence IQ: Helping your business develop online💻 youtu.be/w7U6PHEyNF0 6 hours ago
We are the IQ of global defence.
How Do We Safeguard National Security in Future Conflicts?
February 23, 2011Posted by on
Defence IQ recently interviewed Lieutenant General Johan Kihl, Former Chief of Staff for the Swedish Armed Forces. He has been instrumental in introducing ‘Network Enabled Capability’ into the Armed Forces and has served as the Head of Long Term Planning, Deputy Director of the Joint Forces Directorate and Chief of Staff for the Swedish Armed Forces.
In this interview, he challenges the Cold War style organisation that still prevails in many armed forces and additionally emphasises the importance of interoperability among multinational forces. There is indeed the need for upgraded capability, but mindset must accompany these developments. General Kihl goes on to describe the nature of national security threats of the future, and highlights the areas he feels are in need of critical attention.
Listen to the full interview here: http://ping.fm/e0H0m