- #Armoured Vehicles Report 2017: Increasing pressures on military end usershttp://bit.ly/armouredvehicles2017 18 hours ago
- #Armoured Vehicles Report 2017: Increasing pressures on military end usershttp://bit.ly/armouredvehicles2017 1 day ago
- Maj Gen Crenshaw, USMC LOGCOM, explains future of Marine Corps logistics defenceiq.com/air-land-and-s… https://t.co/dJGeZrYcWo 1 day ago
- What a nightmare! But the internals are safe. @PallAero Has decades of experience keeping #Military helis reliable… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 1 day ago
- RT @DefenceSupplier: Are you struggling with streamlining your supply chain? Major General Crenshaw discusses supply chain solutions. https… 1 day ago
We are the IQ of global defence.
How Do We Safeguard National Security in Future Conflicts?
February 23, 2011Posted by on
Defence IQ recently interviewed Lieutenant General Johan Kihl, Former Chief of Staff for the Swedish Armed Forces. He has been instrumental in introducing ‘Network Enabled Capability’ into the Armed Forces and has served as the Head of Long Term Planning, Deputy Director of the Joint Forces Directorate and Chief of Staff for the Swedish Armed Forces.
In this interview, he challenges the Cold War style organisation that still prevails in many armed forces and additionally emphasises the importance of interoperability among multinational forces. There is indeed the need for upgraded capability, but mindset must accompany these developments. General Kihl goes on to describe the nature of national security threats of the future, and highlights the areas he feels are in need of critical attention.
Listen to the full interview here: http://ping.fm/e0H0m