- #Armoured Vehicles Report 2017: Increasing pressures on military end usershttp://bit.ly/armouredvehicles2017 18 hours ago
- #Armoured Vehicles Report 2017: Increasing pressures on military end usershttp://bit.ly/armouredvehicles2017 1 day ago
- Maj Gen Crenshaw, USMC LOGCOM, explains future of Marine Corps logistics defenceiq.com/air-land-and-s… https://t.co/dJGeZrYcWo 1 day ago
- What a nightmare! But the internals are safe. @PallAero Has decades of experience keeping #Military helis reliable… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 1 day ago
- RT @DefenceSupplier: Are you struggling with streamlining your supply chain? Major General Crenshaw discusses supply chain solutions. https… 1 day ago
We are the IQ of global defence.
Spanish Chief of Naval Staff Calls for Greater Measures Against Piracy
February 25, 2011Posted by on
Admiral General Manuel Rebollo GarcÃa is the Chief of the Naval Staff of the Spanish Navy. In this presentation, he points key trends that must not be ignored. Globalisation serves as a key instigator of economic growth, yet it also opens sea trade to large-scale threats to maritime security. Illegal activities like piracy, terrorism, human trafficking and drug smuggling are increasing and pose specific threats to national security for many nations. Maritime security breaks down into two important categories and he speaks to what is required to meet modern mission needs.
You can listen to the full interview here: http://ping.fm/o4mPv