- Interested in who you can expect to meet at Future Indirect Fires? Check out our speaker line-up>>… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 16 hours ago
- What Else Can be Done To Maintain Social Security and Medicare? Check out this new piece: bit.ly/2utxNGX… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 17 hours ago
- Join Major General Glenn A. Bramhall, Special Assistant to the Director Army National Guard, US National Guard at F… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- As a Manager it can be difficult to find information just for you. Check out @MMN_ManageSmart for regular posts on… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- Join us at the Future Indirect Fires Summit, taking place September 26-28 in Lawton, OK! View the agenda>>… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 days ago
We are the IQ of global defence.
Spanish Chief of Naval Staff Calls for Greater Measures Against Piracy
February 25, 2011Posted by on
Admiral General Manuel Rebollo GarcÃa is the Chief of the Naval Staff of the Spanish Navy. In this presentation, he points key trends that must not be ignored. Globalisation serves as a key instigator of economic growth, yet it also opens sea trade to large-scale threats to maritime security. Illegal activities like piracy, terrorism, human trafficking and drug smuggling are increasing and pose specific threats to national security for many nations. Maritime security breaks down into two important categories and he speaks to what is required to meet modern mission needs.
You can listen to the full interview here: http://ping.fm/o4mPv