- Our free webinar on protecting #helicopter #engines is on Sept. 14. Be ready and register! Link>>… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 hour ago
- Register now and gain access to our #defence #engineering webinar on #helicopter component survivability 1 hour ago
- Download the World Fighter Aircraft Market Report 2017-18 defenceiq.com/air-forces-and… #FREE #airforce #navy #military https://t.co/NgAjcBoMfR 2 hours ago
- Grounding of flights is not just a problem of airlines. #Army mission risk too. See: Engine solutions webinar.… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 5 hours ago
- Defence IQ: Helping your business develop online💻 youtu.be/w7U6PHEyNF0 6 hours ago
We are the IQ of global defence.
Spanish Chief of Naval Staff Calls for Greater Measures Against Piracy
February 25, 2011Posted by on
Admiral General Manuel Rebollo GarcÃa is the Chief of the Naval Staff of the Spanish Navy. In this presentation, he points key trends that must not be ignored. Globalisation serves as a key instigator of economic growth, yet it also opens sea trade to large-scale threats to maritime security. Illegal activities like piracy, terrorism, human trafficking and drug smuggling are increasing and pose specific threats to national security for many nations. Maritime security breaks down into two important categories and he speaks to what is required to meet modern mission needs.
You can listen to the full interview here: http://ping.fm/o4mPv