- Training for counter #terrorism will begin using latest virtual reality tech defenceiq.com/defence-techno… #VR #AR https://t.co/lqPW3jPmF8 21 hours ago
- RT @Telegraph: "The public should remain alert but not alarmed" - Home Secretary Amber Rudd following the #Manchester explosion https://t.c… 22 hours ago
- See our analysis on how the UK government can respond to a pre-elections e-mail leak #wikileaks #hacking #Malware defenceiq.com/cyber-defence/… 3 days ago
- Post email #leaks during election campaigns in France & US is a British intell storm on the horizon? #cyberattack… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 3 days ago
- How might a #cyberattack during the eve of the #GeneralElection play out in the UK? defenceiq.com/cyber-defence/… 3 days ago
We are the IQ of global defence.
Is It Time to Figure China Into the ‘World Military Power’ Equation?
March 15, 2011Posted by on
China’s phenomenal economic growth over the last decade has shadowed an equally rapid increase in the level of sophistication of its armed forces. Modernisation programmes, defence manufacturing and aerospace research and development are accelerating, and nowhere has this been more apparent in recent months than with the unveiling of China’s new J-20 stealth jet .
The J-20 Chengdu has recently passed the first of a series of air worthiness tests. These tests were carried out in January and gathered initial data about the airframe’s operational limits. They have certified that the aircraft is able to transition through phases of flight and execute simple aerobatic manoeuvres. This marks the first successful internal production of an advanced airframe by an Asian nation, but the aircraft itself is a long way from being complete, although observers have been surprised at the relatively short amount of time it has taken to go from blueprints to the first phase of testing…
Read the full article at: http://ping.fm/SOLRF