- Today in #militaryhistory US leases #GuantanamoBay for Naval Base 1903. Infamous for camps echo, iguana, x-ray. Joi… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 1 hour ago
- After the NATO spending ultimatum by #mattis , has #europe lost an edge in #defence? A review of the situation defenceiq.com/air-land-and-s… 21 hours ago
- Rounding off Day 1 of #DES2017 is Dr. Jacob Mackenzie of the Optoelectronics Research Centre, U of Southampton https://t.co/7eb6y59AtQ 1 day ago
- We interrupt your regularly scheduled programme.... twitter.com/EUTenders/stat… 1 day ago
- Lt. Col. Laurian Gherman of #Romania #Airforce Academy intros high velocity projectiles #DES2017 https://t.co/P0GEv51inc 1 day ago
We are the IQ of global defence.
Robert Young Pelton on Libya, Africa and the Evolution of Conflict Reporting
March 28, 2011Posted by on
We caught up with Robert Young Pelton on his recent venture in Somalia. He describes the changing face of conflict reporting – and his work in building information gathering networks at the grass roots level. His new indigenous reporting network, Somalia Report, takes on the challenge of increasing situational awareness in these areas – both for the benefit of the public and for politicians. We press him on the Libya media ‘whiteout’ – what news is getting out compared to what may really be happening on the ground – and he walks us through the steps of getting information out of Libya. RYP also gives us his own long term forecast of how Libya will react to the current violence.
Listen to the full interview at: http://ping.fm/5h0Fw