- #Armoured Vehicles Report 2017: Increasing pressures on military end usershttp://bit.ly/armouredvehicles2017 18 hours ago
- #Armoured Vehicles Report 2017: Increasing pressures on military end usershttp://bit.ly/armouredvehicles2017 1 day ago
- Maj Gen Crenshaw, USMC LOGCOM, explains future of Marine Corps logistics defenceiq.com/air-land-and-s… https://t.co/dJGeZrYcWo 1 day ago
- What a nightmare! But the internals are safe. @PallAero Has decades of experience keeping #Military helis reliable… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 1 day ago
- RT @DefenceSupplier: Are you struggling with streamlining your supply chain? Major General Crenshaw discusses supply chain solutions. https… 1 day ago
We are the IQ of global defence.
Robert Young Pelton on Libya, Africa and the Evolution of Conflict Reporting
March 28, 2011Posted by on
We caught up with Robert Young Pelton on his recent venture in Somalia. He describes the changing face of conflict reporting – and his work in building information gathering networks at the grass roots level. His new indigenous reporting network, Somalia Report, takes on the challenge of increasing situational awareness in these areas – both for the benefit of the public and for politicians. We press him on the Libya media ‘whiteout’ – what news is getting out compared to what may really be happening on the ground – and he walks us through the steps of getting information out of Libya. RYP also gives us his own long term forecast of how Libya will react to the current violence.
Listen to the full interview at: http://ping.fm/5h0Fw