- Youre Only as Good as Your Team!: bit.ly/2kfPwjk via @DruckerTips @coachgoldsmith 9 hours ago
- The #redsun has descended on the Defence IQ offices here in London... https://t.co/AQImk309YL 17 hours ago
- #VirtualReality for defence less about ‘reality’ than results defenceiq.com/news/virtual-r… https://t.co/UN2Vp7gfhx 18 hours ago
- Military airlift: State of play and future trends [INFOGRAPHIC] defenceiq.com/air-forces-and… https://t.co/cKFPlgsDaH 22 hours ago
- Austria election result and #SebastianKurz may have a huge affect on the country's #Eurofighter future… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago
We are the IQ of global defence.
Robert Young Pelton on Libya, Africa and the Evolution of Conflict Reporting
March 28, 2011Posted by on
We caught up with Robert Young Pelton on his recent venture in Somalia. He describes the changing face of conflict reporting – and his work in building information gathering networks at the grass roots level. His new indigenous reporting network, Somalia Report, takes on the challenge of increasing situational awareness in these areas – both for the benefit of the public and for politicians. We press him on the Libya media ‘whiteout’ – what news is getting out compared to what may really be happening on the ground – and he walks us through the steps of getting information out of Libya. RYP also gives us his own long term forecast of how Libya will react to the current violence.
Listen to the full interview at: http://ping.fm/5h0Fw