- Pall Aerospace filters aim to leave #Helicopter competition in the dust defenceiq.com/air-forces-and… 2 days ago
- The future of Helicopter technology: @PallAero filters aim to leave helicopter competition in the dust. Read the Q&… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 2 days ago
- Defence community believes adversaries will field battlefield #lasers in next 5 years defenceiq.com/defence-techno… #technology 2 days ago
- New Insight with @PallAero. They provided solutions for the operation of iconic #rotocopters Like this #Chinook!… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 3 days ago
- #ArmouredVehicles Report 2017: The continued demand for landmine / #IED protectionhttp://bit.ly/armouredvehicles2017 3 days ago
We are the IQ of global defence.
Yankee Military Dollars Trade Up in Global Defence Markets
May 4, 2011Posted by on
In the cagey and competitive world of defence spending, the US still stands alone as the key trendsetter. American global dominance in the arena means that all the worldâ€™s major military spenders make their decisions with due deference to which direction the stars and stripes are waving. In Germany, the decision to focus on heavy lift capability through the A400M project was taken with at least one eye on the apparent gap left by the USâ€™ strong emphasis on conventional capabilities. In China, defence policy is, nearly without exception, formulated in response to Washington; a recent aerospace conference in Zhuhai boasted a larger-than-life diorama showing a US aircraft carrier patrolling the Yangtze. The importance of the US to global defence purchasing means that sensible predictions about the USâ€™ likely medium-term decisions are a vital tool for policymakers and defence executives alike.
Read the full article at: http://ping.fm/PKmmM