- Today in #militaryhistory US leases #GuantanamoBay for Naval Base 1903. Infamous for camps echo, iguana, x-ray. Joi… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 1 hour ago
- After the NATO spending ultimatum by #mattis , has #europe lost an edge in #defence? A review of the situation defenceiq.com/air-land-and-s… 21 hours ago
- Rounding off Day 1 of #DES2017 is Dr. Jacob Mackenzie of the Optoelectronics Research Centre, U of Southampton https://t.co/7eb6y59AtQ 1 day ago
- We interrupt your regularly scheduled programme.... twitter.com/EUTenders/stat… 1 day ago
- Lt. Col. Laurian Gherman of #Romania #Airforce Academy intros high velocity projectiles #DES2017 https://t.co/P0GEv51inc 1 day ago
We are the IQ of global defence.
Can Somalia Find the Will – and the Way – to Fight Its Own Piracy?
May 10, 2011Posted by on
My most recent “road to Damascus” experience struck me as I waded through knee-high piles of research material in my office – all part of an on-going search for the raison d’etre of Somali Piracy. It was a revelation of sorts as it is one of those questions that only begets more of the same, but it led me down a path we have all, up to this point, tried so hard to avoid:
“Why won’t the outside world fully support legitimate Somalis to fight piracy and terrorism?”
Read the full article at: http://ping.fm/cgRy5