- FGCV International will provide a unique focus on changes in the current threat environments around the world and m… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago
- RT @NATO_PASCAD: LtGen Shepro #NATO #DCMC spoke at @DefenceIQ’s Airborne #ISR & #C2 Battle Management conference. “ISR is strategically imp… 2 days ago
- RT @HybridCoE: Matti Saarelainen, Director of @HybridCoE addressing new drivers of the European security environment @DefenceIQ https://t.c… 2 days ago
- RT @AiiA_Network: What will our society look like when #ArtificialIntelligence is everywhere? buff.ly/2FZxh8u https://t.co/ESnLdMo… 2 days ago
- We welcome you to join us at #FGCV2018 as the community shares who we are, what we do and how we and our industry p… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 days ago
We are the IQ of global defence.
Exclusive Interview: NATO’s Counter-IED Chief in Afghanistan: “We Must Become Counter-IED Aware”
May 18, 2011Posted by on
Given that half of all casualties in Afghanistan are caused Improvided Explosive Devices (IED) attacks, efforts to closer scrutinise counter-IED efforts at ISAF HQ in Kabul, Afghanistan have increased. Defence IQ caught up with Lieutenant Colonel Martin Gliniecki, Chief of Staff of the CIED Branch at ISAF, in this exclusive interview about coalition counter-IED strategy during Afghanistan operations. They discuss training ANSF to master a technical understanding of counter-IED tactics while also establishing intelligence and administration facilities in Afghanistan to maintain the intensity of the fight after 2014.
If you have any interested in countering IEDs, you must listen to this crucial interview at: http://www.defenceiq.com/defence-technology/podcasts/nato-s-counter-ied-chief-in-afghanistan-we-must-be/. Remember to tell us your thoughts!