- Look what we have here! From the vault, 48 pg #ebook no registration required.Our #CyberSecurity Summer Review '16. goo.gl/gNGC1A 7 hours ago
- #USNavy is sending warships on a freedom of navigation op in the #SouthChinaSea. Our warships report keeps count… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 11 hours ago
- UK Sec of State Michael Fallon tells Munich Security Conference the migration consequences of Afghanistan, and UK d… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 12 hours ago
- Mattis has given Europe #NATO 2% spend ultimatum. See what the #EU is doing for their own logistics in our intervie… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 13 hours ago
- #Raytheon Missile Systems looks at the market trends for fighter jets and their place in the mix… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 3 days ago
We are the IQ of global defence.
Exclusive Interview: NATO’s Counter-IED Chief in Afghanistan: “We Must Become Counter-IED Aware”
May 18, 2011Posted by on
Given that half of all casualties in Afghanistan are caused Improvided Explosive Devices (IED) attacks, efforts to closer scrutinise counter-IED efforts at ISAF HQ in Kabul, Afghanistan have increased. Defence IQ caught up with Lieutenant Colonel Martin Gliniecki, Chief of Staff of the CIED Branch at ISAF, in this exclusive interview about coalition counter-IED strategy during Afghanistan operations. They discuss training ANSF to master a technical understanding of counter-IED tactics while also establishing intelligence and administration facilities in Afghanistan to maintain the intensity of the fight after 2014.
If you have any interested in countering IEDs, you must listen to this crucial interview at: http://www.defenceiq.com/defence-technology/podcasts/nato-s-counter-ied-chief-in-afghanistan-we-must-be/. Remember to tell us your thoughts!