- A look back at the #WannaCry blame game defenceiq.com/cyber-defence/… 8 hours ago
- RT @XStephenson: Honoured to have Admiral Leiva, Commander-in-Chief of the @Armada_Chile at the opening of @DefenceIQ Warships and OPV LATA… 8 hours ago
- Involved in armoured vehicles? We'd love your insight for this year's market survey... defenceiq.com/armoured-vehic…… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 9 hours ago
- Construction to begin next year - target for 28 LCS at sea by 2023 twitter.com/Austal_USA/sta… 15 hours ago
- Not all bad news for the Aussies - new G550 AISREW fleet on the way twitter.com/GarethJennings… 16 hours ago
We are the IQ of global defence.
Exclusive Interview: NATO’s Counter-IED Chief in Afghanistan: “We Must Become Counter-IED Aware”
May 18, 2011Posted by on
Given that half of all casualties in Afghanistan are caused Improvided Explosive Devices (IED) attacks, efforts to closer scrutinise counter-IED efforts at ISAF HQ in Kabul, Afghanistan have increased. Defence IQ caught up with Lieutenant Colonel Martin Gliniecki, Chief of Staff of the CIED Branch at ISAF, in this exclusive interview about coalition counter-IED strategy during Afghanistan operations. They discuss training ANSF to master a technical understanding of counter-IED tactics while also establishing intelligence and administration facilities in Afghanistan to maintain the intensity of the fight after 2014.
If you have any interested in countering IEDs, you must listen to this crucial interview at: http://www.defenceiq.com/defence-technology/podcasts/nato-s-counter-ied-chief-in-afghanistan-we-must-be/. Remember to tell us your thoughts!