- Pall Aerospace filters aim to leave #Helicopter competition in the dust defenceiq.com/air-forces-and… 2 days ago
- The future of Helicopter technology: @PallAero filters aim to leave helicopter competition in the dust. Read the Q&… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 2 days ago
- Defence community believes adversaries will field battlefield #lasers in next 5 years defenceiq.com/defence-techno… #technology 2 days ago
- New Insight with @PallAero. They provided solutions for the operation of iconic #rotocopters Like this #Chinook!… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 3 days ago
- #ArmouredVehicles Report 2017: The continued demand for landmine / #IED protectionhttp://bit.ly/armouredvehicles2017 3 days ago
We are the IQ of global defence.
Exclusive Interview: NATO’s Counter-IED Chief in Afghanistan: “We Must Become Counter-IED Aware”
May 18, 2011Posted by on
Given that half of all casualties in Afghanistan are caused Improvided Explosive Devices (IED) attacks, efforts to closer scrutinise counter-IED efforts at ISAF HQ in Kabul, Afghanistan have increased. Defence IQ caught up with Lieutenant Colonel Martin Gliniecki, Chief of Staff of the CIED Branch at ISAF, in this exclusive interview about coalition counter-IED strategy during Afghanistan operations. They discuss training ANSF to master a technical understanding of counter-IED tactics while also establishing intelligence and administration facilities in Afghanistan to maintain the intensity of the fight after 2014.
If you have any interested in countering IEDs, you must listen to this crucial interview at: http://www.defenceiq.com/defence-technology/podcasts/nato-s-counter-ied-chief-in-afghanistan-we-must-be/. Remember to tell us your thoughts!