- A look back at the #WannaCry blame game defenceiq.com/cyber-defence/… 8 hours ago
- RT @XStephenson: Honoured to have Admiral Leiva, Commander-in-Chief of the @Armada_Chile at the opening of @DefenceIQ Warships and OPV LATA… 8 hours ago
- Involved in armoured vehicles? We'd love your insight for this year's market survey... defenceiq.com/armoured-vehic…… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 9 hours ago
- Construction to begin next year - target for 28 LCS at sea by 2023 twitter.com/Austal_USA/sta… 15 hours ago
- Not all bad news for the Aussies - new G550 AISREW fleet on the way twitter.com/GarethJennings… 16 hours ago
We are the IQ of global defence.
DE&S Minister Luff’s speech at International Armoured Vehicles 2012 conference
February 29, 2012Posted by on
Ladies and gentlemen. Good morning. I’m delighted to be here.
This is a major event in the industry calendar, and an important forum for sharing knowledge and expertise.
I know that for many of you here today this conference is also an opportunity to explore some of the common challenges we all face. As we seek to secure and fund the best defence solutions for our Armed Forces.
And the great work being done by ‘Help for Heroes’ – as we just heard – brings that effort into sharp focus. And I endorse everything that Mark just said.
It is a reminder that our servicemen and women often carry out their duties at great personal risk.
And that when they are placed in harm’s way their lives will depend on the protection of the vehicles that we provide. And which are manufactured by those of you in industry here today.
Of course that goes for all our equipment on the front line.
…you can read the full speech here.