- African states 'dangerously under-equipped' to deal with security needs defenceiq.com/naval-and-mari… https://t.co/EvRQpLWqwX 19 hours ago
- Ukraine close to acquiring combat unmanned ground vehicle defenceiq.com/armoured-vehic… https://t.co/hiFSUhvz9t 1 day ago
- RT @NavyLookout: Russia Black sea Fleet AGI (Spy ship) Liman sunk off Turkish coast after collision with a freighter in fog https://t.co/i… 1 day ago
- RT @AirbusDefence: 1st @EjercitoAire #A400M arrives at @FAMEXTweet for static display for rest of the week https://t.co/9F6dn8BmRu 2 days ago
- RT @Reuters: French intelligence report says Assad forces behind April 4 sarin attack reut.rs/2q6dRKl 2 days ago
We are the IQ of global defence.
DE&S Minister Luff’s speech at International Armoured Vehicles 2012 conference
February 29, 2012Posted by on
Ladies and gentlemen. Good morning. I’m delighted to be here.
This is a major event in the industry calendar, and an important forum for sharing knowledge and expertise.
I know that for many of you here today this conference is also an opportunity to explore some of the common challenges we all face. As we seek to secure and fund the best defence solutions for our Armed Forces.
And the great work being done by ‘Help for Heroes’ – as we just heard – brings that effort into sharp focus. And I endorse everything that Mark just said.
It is a reminder that our servicemen and women often carry out their duties at great personal risk.
And that when they are placed in harm’s way their lives will depend on the protection of the vehicles that we provide. And which are manufactured by those of you in industry here today.
Of course that goes for all our equipment on the front line.
…you can read the full speech here.