- FGCV International will provide a unique focus on changes in the current threat environments around the world and m… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago
- RT @NATO_PASCAD: LtGen Shepro #NATO #DCMC spoke at @DefenceIQ’s Airborne #ISR & #C2 Battle Management conference. “ISR is strategically imp… 2 days ago
- RT @HybridCoE: Matti Saarelainen, Director of @HybridCoE addressing new drivers of the European security environment @DefenceIQ https://t.c… 2 days ago
- RT @AiiA_Network: What will our society look like when #ArtificialIntelligence is everywhere? buff.ly/2FZxh8u https://t.co/ESnLdMo… 2 days ago
- We welcome you to join us at #FGCV2018 as the community shares who we are, what we do and how we and our industry p… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 days ago
We are the IQ of global defence.
DE&S Minister Luff’s speech at International Armoured Vehicles 2012 conference
February 29, 2012Posted by on
Ladies and gentlemen. Good morning. I’m delighted to be here.
This is a major event in the industry calendar, and an important forum for sharing knowledge and expertise.
I know that for many of you here today this conference is also an opportunity to explore some of the common challenges we all face. As we seek to secure and fund the best defence solutions for our Armed Forces.
And the great work being done by ‘Help for Heroes’ – as we just heard – brings that effort into sharp focus. And I endorse everything that Mark just said.
It is a reminder that our servicemen and women often carry out their duties at great personal risk.
And that when they are placed in harm’s way their lives will depend on the protection of the vehicles that we provide. And which are manufactured by those of you in industry here today.
Of course that goes for all our equipment on the front line.
…you can read the full speech here.