- ‘Governments are struggling to justify resources, extremists continue to exploit the information sphere with little resistance’ #CVEevent 2 hours ago
- Learn about The Future of #DirectedEnergy & #Missile #Defense. Register at goo.gl/njP8KA 21 hours ago
- Explore surprisingly sophisticated media manipulation efforts of IS: shady software & secret social networking bit.ly/1VDAiAm #cve 1 day ago
- General Atomics discusses Predator XP with Defence Industry Bulletin defenceiq.com/air-forces-and… 1 day ago
- How the Police Use Social Marketing Techniques to Encourage Suspicious Activity Reporting bit.ly/1qEKn2l #CVEevent 1 day ago
We are the IQ of global defence.
Missiles in London! Olympics update
April 30, 2012Posted by on
The “whispered suggestions” and “muted” response to the deployment of missile batteries in London’s residential areas during the Olympics I reported on last month have been turned up to an audible din after the MoD contacted the public about using their private building as a site to base the missile systems.
At the weekend the MoD distributed a leaflet to residents of the Lexington Building Water Tower with details about the High Velocity Missile system that would be located in Bow, Eaast London, for the duration of the Games.
“The location has been chosen as it is situated close to the Olympic Park and offers an excellent view of the surrounding area and the entire sky above the Olympic Park,” the document says. “The top of the tower also offers a flat, uncluttered and safe area from which to operate.”
Read the article here.