- Our free webinar on protecting #helicopter #engines is on Sept. 14. Be ready and register! Link>>… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 hour ago
- Register now and gain access to our #defence #engineering webinar on #helicopter component survivability 1 hour ago
- Download the World Fighter Aircraft Market Report 2017-18 defenceiq.com/air-forces-and… #FREE #airforce #navy #military https://t.co/NgAjcBoMfR 2 hours ago
- Grounding of flights is not just a problem of airlines. #Army mission risk too. See: Engine solutions webinar.… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 5 hours ago
- Defence IQ: Helping your business develop online💻 youtu.be/w7U6PHEyNF0 6 hours ago
We are the IQ of global defence.
Missiles in London! Olympics update
April 30, 2012Posted by on
The “whispered suggestions” and “muted” response to the deployment of missile batteries in London’s residential areas during the Olympics I reported on last month have been turned up to an audible din after the MoD contacted the public about using their private building as a site to base the missile systems.
At the weekend the MoD distributed a leaflet to residents of the Lexington Building Water Tower with details about the High Velocity Missile system that would be located in Bow, Eaast London, for the duration of the Games.
“The location has been chosen as it is situated close to the Olympic Park and offers an excellent view of the surrounding area and the entire sky above the Olympic Park,” the document says. “The top of the tower also offers a flat, uncluttered and safe area from which to operate.”
Read the article here.