- Youre Only as Good as Your Team!: bit.ly/2kfPwjk via @DruckerTips @coachgoldsmith 11 hours ago
- The #redsun has descended on the Defence IQ offices here in London... https://t.co/AQImk309YL 19 hours ago
- #VirtualReality for defence less about ‘reality’ than results defenceiq.com/news/virtual-r… https://t.co/UN2Vp7gfhx 19 hours ago
- Military airlift: State of play and future trends [INFOGRAPHIC] defenceiq.com/air-forces-and… https://t.co/cKFPlgsDaH 23 hours ago
- Austria election result and #SebastianKurz may have a huge affect on the country's #Eurofighter future… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago
We are the IQ of global defence.
Olympics causes massive surge in armoured vehicle sales
May 9, 2012Posted by on
The iron curtain surrounding London in the run up to the Olympic Games this summer continues to be drawn around the capital as law enforcement and government agencies bolster and reinforce their defences. The latest trend has seen a jump in armoured vehicles sales, primarily to heads of state and high net worth individuals.
In a Mirror interview today Mark Burton, CEO of U.S.-based armoured vehicle manufacturer International Armoring Corporation (IAC), said the Olypics had caused a massive surge in interest for the company in the UK.
“In early 2002, Salt Lake City hosted the Winter Olympics just after the September 11 attacks and we saw the same demands and requirements,” he said. “Local security forces got involved and we are seeing similar interest here from forces who need added protection … They have recognised there is a threat and need to be discreet in what they offer.”
To read on about the Olypic security excercise and how it affects the armoured vehicle market click here.