- FGCV International will provide a unique focus on changes in the current threat environments around the world and m… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago
- RT @NATO_PASCAD: LtGen Shepro #NATO #DCMC spoke at @DefenceIQ’s Airborne #ISR & #C2 Battle Management conference. “ISR is strategically imp… 2 days ago
- RT @HybridCoE: Matti Saarelainen, Director of @HybridCoE addressing new drivers of the European security environment @DefenceIQ https://t.c… 2 days ago
- RT @AiiA_Network: What will our society look like when #ArtificialIntelligence is everywhere? buff.ly/2FZxh8u https://t.co/ESnLdMo… 2 days ago
- We welcome you to join us at #FGCV2018 as the community shares who we are, what we do and how we and our industry p… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 days ago
We are the IQ of global defence.
Information: The military’s greatest asset
May 11, 2012Posted by on
As a decade of operations begin to wind down in Afghanistan, it is clear that the military’s insatiable demand for timely, secure and high quality information will continue to grow exponentially. Some estimates forecast a near 1000% rise in information generation before 2020.
One thing is clear: More than bullets or bombs, information will remain militaries’ greatest force multiplier.
Afghanistan has shown that severe challenges exist in how information is gathered, exploited and shared in the global battlespace. While recent multinational and national networks have gone some way in alleviating a number of these challenges, it is far from certain that future mission networks will not suffer from the same problems.
The solution does not then lie in the military, political or industrial realms alone. A balanced approach will be required so that nations can make the most of the information that is out there.
Industry needs to provide solutions that are simple for people to use, can handle and exploit increasing volumes of data, and not cost the world. Militaries and their political superiors must start to take a serious look at the organisational structures and procedures they employ on operations.
Read the full article here.