- African states 'dangerously under-equipped' to deal with security needs defenceiq.com/naval-and-mari… https://t.co/EvRQpLWqwX 19 hours ago
- Ukraine close to acquiring combat unmanned ground vehicle defenceiq.com/armoured-vehic… https://t.co/hiFSUhvz9t 1 day ago
- RT @NavyLookout: Russia Black sea Fleet AGI (Spy ship) Liman sunk off Turkish coast after collision with a freighter in fog https://t.co/i… 1 day ago
- RT @AirbusDefence: 1st @EjercitoAire #A400M arrives at @FAMEXTweet for static display for rest of the week https://t.co/9F6dn8BmRu 2 days ago
- RT @Reuters: French intelligence report says Assad forces behind April 4 sarin attack reut.rs/2q6dRKl 2 days ago
We are the IQ of global defence.
Questions answered about the Dutch F-35 debacle
August 30, 2012Posted by on
After former Dutch defence chief Dick Berlijn, and defence expert, Peter Wijninga, wrote an article espousing the argument FOR the Dutch government to acquire the F-35 Joint Strike Fighter, Defence IQ’s Yousuf Malik casts a critical eye over the article and asks: are there better alternatives to the F-35?
But the argument has holes like Swiss cheese…..or perhaps gaping spaces like slow-moving windmill blades is more a more appropriate description.
The F-35 is more expensive and isn’t as fast or manoeuvrable as has been claimed – it’s hugely delayed and questions have been raised about it’s stealth capabilities. These are the arguments we look at – please read the article in full here.
We’re keen to hear your thoughts – do you agree or disagree with this article? Would you like to write a follow-up article in response? Email comments or article submissions to: firstname.lastname@example.org