- Have a look at our #FighterEvent Future Requirements video for a preview into the requirements listed in our full r… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 hours ago
- RT @XStephenson: Speakers at @DefenceIQ’s Disruptive Tech for Defence Transformation #DTDT conference. Including: Gen. Mirko Šundov, CHOD C… 1 day ago
- Detect, Identify and Neutralise: Countering the New Threat in the Skies. We're looking forward to welcoming you at… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 5 days ago
- RT @BellerophonTT: @DefenceIQ great day of discussion about At and Air Mobility. Great Job @Jamesfox 5 days ago
- Ahead of International Armoured Vehicles 2019 we created a complementary post-show report for 2018 with key takeawa… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 5 days ago
We are the IQ of global defence.
Questions answered about the Dutch F-35 debacle
August 30, 2012Posted by on
After former Dutch defence chief Dick Berlijn, and defence expert, Peter Wijninga, wrote an article espousing the argument FOR the Dutch government to acquire the F-35 Joint Strike Fighter, Defence IQ’s Yousuf Malik casts a critical eye over the article and asks: are there better alternatives to the F-35?
But the argument has holes like Swiss cheese…..or perhaps gaping spaces like slow-moving windmill blades is more a more appropriate description.
The F-35 is more expensive and isn’t as fast or manoeuvrable as has been claimed – it’s hugely delayed and questions have been raised about it’s stealth capabilities. These are the arguments we look at – please read the article in full here.
We’re keen to hear your thoughts – do you agree or disagree with this article? Would you like to write a follow-up article in response? Email comments or article submissions to: email@example.com