- Interested in who you can expect to meet at Future Indirect Fires? Check out our speaker line-up>>… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 16 hours ago
- What Else Can be Done To Maintain Social Security and Medicare? Check out this new piece: bit.ly/2utxNGX… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 17 hours ago
- Join Major General Glenn A. Bramhall, Special Assistant to the Director Army National Guard, US National Guard at F… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- As a Manager it can be difficult to find information just for you. Check out @MMN_ManageSmart for regular posts on… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- Join us at the Future Indirect Fires Summit, taking place September 26-28 in Lawton, OK! View the agenda>>… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 days ago
We are the IQ of global defence.
Defence IQ announces International Armoured Vehicles 2013 will feature a test track
September 19, 2012Posted by on
Defence IQ has announced that at International Armoured Vehicles, taking place from 5th – 8th February 2013, a select group of sponsors will be showcasing their vehicle capabilities through on our test track feature. New for 2013, armoured vehicles will be using at the 200sqm Long Valley Test Track – allowing them to use the different terrains and technical features of a severe off road site just a stone’s throw from the main conference.
International Armoured Vehicles will run for its 12th time in its Farnborough home, a location set fittingly near the heart of the British Army. The unique combination of high-level conference alongside the focussed exhibition delivers comprehensive value for senior military, vehicle manufacturers and integrators, components suppliers and service providers and end users of vehicles alike, offering the only truly 360º perspective on the armoured vehicles industry.
Conference attendees will benefit from a holistic agenda, which covers urgent challenges faced by the armoured vehicles community, current strategic thinking, and then moving into the future of conflicts post-Afghanistan. Participants also have the option of joining any of the four Focus Days, which cover Defeating IEDs, Prime Vehicle Manufacturer requirements, Future Armouring Capabilities and a wider discussion on up-armouring and operational supportability.
Among IAVs 2013’s prestigious speaker faculty are Lieutenant General David Halverson, Deputy Commander TRADOC, Major General Andrew Sharpe OBE, DG DCDC UK Ministry of Defence and Fleet Admiral Marco Antonio Guimaraes, General Commandant of the Brazilian Marine Corps.
Joining them are over 50 senior government officials and international flag officers from 24 countries, including:
- Major General H. R. McMaster, Commanding General Maneuever Center of Excellence, US DoD
- Major General Ian Copeland, Director Joint Support Chairn, DE&S, UK MoD
- Major General Ruben Dario Alzate Moura, Head of Land – Materiel, Colombian Army
- Major General Topply Lubaya, Chief of Staff, Zambian Army
- Brigadier General Anders Steffanson, Deputy Commander, Swedish Army
- Brigadier General Rajmund Andzejzak, Commander 17th Armoured Division, Polish Army
Additional military speakers will represent international organisations such as the Malaysian DoD, German Army, Danish DoD, French Army, Australian DoD, Italian Armed Forces, and the Indian DRDO.
Featuring direct updates from upcoming vehicle programme requirements from major OEMs, to the SMEs providing the newest and most innovative solutions for today’s capability challenges, the 2012 Innovation Stage provides attendees insight into the future of the armoured vehicles market.