- 2018 Global #Report: #Cryptocurrency’s Role In #Cyber Attacks courtesy of the team at CSHUB...… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 hours ago
- RT @tarmerding2: Dr. Gary McGraw (@cigitalgem), VP of #security technology speaks with @DefenceIQ about Russian cyber attacks. He says,"...… 2 hours ago
- Are you registered for #InternationalFighter yet? View our 'Whats to come...' video & register today!… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 11 hours ago
- Russian Cyber Attacks: Is the West Vulnerable? Following a string of high profile Russian cyber attacks, is Western… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 6 days ago
- MEDEVAC is now less than two week's away! As the event approaches passes are limited so we want to make sure you do… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 6 days ago
We are the IQ of global defence.
Iran “not responsible” for Shamoon malware
January 22, 2013Posted by on
Following recent indications that the Shamoon virus (aka Disstrack) that targeted and disrupted about 30,000 Saudi Aramco workstations last year was “worse than originally believed”, new information has been dropped onto the desk at Defence IQ.
John Bumgarner, Chief Technology Officer at the U.S. Cyber Consequences Unit, has forwarded a summary report on the Unit’s research findings that suggest a more likely source to be an extremist Islamist group based in Saudi Arabia – or at the least, not an Iranian hacker, as initially suspected.
While the findings are still circumstantial and could of course have been designed to throw forensic analysts off the scent, the evidence at hand is compelling.
The report was initially circulated at the end of last year to a number of government agencies but has been made public for the first time to Defence IQ, entitled Decapitating Saudi Aramco with the Sword of Justice.
Bumgarner will be speaking at the annual Cyber Defence & Network Security (CDANS) conference in London next week, where a number of senior government and military personnel will be joining commercial solution providers, academia and others to discuss faster progress in this field.
Find out how to attend here.