- Today in #militaryhistory US leases #GuantanamoBay for Naval Base 1903. Infamous for camps echo, iguana, x-ray. Joi… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 1 hour ago
- After the NATO spending ultimatum by #mattis , has #europe lost an edge in #defence? A review of the situation defenceiq.com/air-land-and-s… 21 hours ago
- Rounding off Day 1 of #DES2017 is Dr. Jacob Mackenzie of the Optoelectronics Research Centre, U of Southampton https://t.co/7eb6y59AtQ 1 day ago
- We interrupt your regularly scheduled programme.... twitter.com/EUTenders/stat… 1 day ago
- Lt. Col. Laurian Gherman of #Romania #Airforce Academy intros high velocity projectiles #DES2017 https://t.co/P0GEv51inc 1 day ago
We are the IQ of global defence.
Offshore Patrol Vessels: Sector Report 2013-14
September 3, 2013Posted by on
Offshore Patrol Vessels (OPVs) are the fastest growing segment of the Naval Vessels Market. At least 19 countries are known to have a total of 112 OPVs on order and plans for another 190 at a value of over $45 Billion. The total number of OPVs on order has increased by 11% in the last 2 years, while the number planned has also increased – by 27%.
Defence IQ has compiled a Sector Report, outlining which nations currently possess these multirole vessels, which have requirements to be filled and what the likely purchases will be. The full document is available for download here: