- Youre Only as Good as Your Team!: bit.ly/2kfPwjk via @DruckerTips @coachgoldsmith 9 hours ago
- The #redsun has descended on the Defence IQ offices here in London... https://t.co/AQImk309YL 17 hours ago
- #VirtualReality for defence less about ‘reality’ than results defenceiq.com/news/virtual-r… https://t.co/UN2Vp7gfhx 17 hours ago
- Military airlift: State of play and future trends [INFOGRAPHIC] defenceiq.com/air-forces-and… https://t.co/cKFPlgsDaH 21 hours ago
- Austria election result and #SebastianKurz may have a huge affect on the country's #Eurofighter future… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 23 hours ago
We are the IQ of global defence.
Tag Archives: AFSEC
June 5, 2013Posted by on
Tim Manhire, who spoke at our Caribbean Basin Coastal Surveillance and Maritime Security Summit (CABSEC) on the European Union’s SEACOP programme is taking part in a charity fundraiser – the Iron Butt challenge. As those who met him at the conference may know, he was the lucky recipient of a kidney transplant 9 years ago and a life-long Harley enthusiast. He is taking part in this charity event with his mate Adey, who survived a heart attack.
They will be riding to every Harley Davidson Dealer in England and Wales in a 6 day round trip. The journey starts in Southampton heading for Plymouth and visiting 26 Harley dealers covering over 1500 miles ending back in Southampton. All of the donations will be split 50-50 between their 2 charities.
If you are interested in donating to these two worthy causes, or reading about their personal stories in more detail please visit http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/Manhole50
Our forthcoming AFSEC conference will follow on from the CABSEC conference that Tim spoke at and will be held in Casablanca on the 25-27 February 2014. CABSEC focused on the drug routes out of Latin America, through the Caribbean Basin to North America and Europe.
AFSEC – the African Nations Coastal Surveillance and Maritime Security Summit will look at where these routes make land fall on the other side of the Atlantic and make their way into Europe. The conference will also look at other regional specific issues around transnational organised crime, terrorism and piracy to deliver a high-level strategic summit focused on regional security priorities. If you would like to register your interest for this conference, please email the team at email@example.com.