- How resilient are defense businesses to cyber attacks? Take our survey: defenceiq.com/cyber-defence/… #cybersecurity https://t.co/0r4M4dHGqj 5 days ago
- RT @AiiA_Network: [Video] SpotMini opens doors for robots in a human world buff.ly/2HgVIPJ #robot https://t.co/6b4vXulSCo 5 days ago
- RT @DefenceES: #TBT Incredible footage captured by @RoyalAirForce @17RSqn UK Lightning demonstrating one of the landing configurations of t… 5 days ago
- Five Mission-Critical Drucker Prescriptions for Making Government Agencies Effective: bit.ly/2GFkPeC via… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 6 days ago
- Applying The Drucker Approach To Reinventing Government Agencies: bit.ly/2GFkPeC via @MMN_ManageSmart https://t.co/WTZMgXMJCo 1 week ago
We are the IQ of global defence.
Tag Archives: Offshore Patrol Vessel
February 27, 2012Posted by on
For more than a year, a contingent of offshore patrol vessels has drifted at the docks of Portsmouth, empty and with no where to go. Originally built for Trinidad & Tobago, the ships would have now been bringing fear to the hearts of drug-runners in the Caribbean had the T&T government not fed the contract to the shredder, supposedly fed up with rising costs and delays.
But all is not lost! These sparkling OPVs will finally grace warm waters thanks to the Brazilian Navy stepping up to the plate last month and putting pen to paper to assimilate them into its rapidly expanding numbers.
Much as it’s a relief to BAE that they can begin making back millions of pounds in expenditure (despite apparently making a loss of about £17 million when all is said and done), the overall impact of this agreement has farther reaching effects.
Defence IQ outlines five things this intriguing deal really means. Full article here: DefenceIQ